Pristine! I'm a lucky man, because I really did NOT want to bring them to a machine shop for duplication. The butyl came off with little effort, and I potted the holes with my beloved colloidal silica. They are pretty sloppy though, so I think tomorrow I will wax up the chainplates and bed them in colloidal silica to minimize the area the butyl needs to fill. If I do that first thing in the morning I should be able to bed the plates before I leave.
I've also been able to get the hinge holes in the cockpit lockers potted, so they will be ready to reinstall soon. I'm looking forward to that as moving about the cockpit is a bit of a health hazard at the moment.
The big milestone I'm happy to report on is the pedestal. It has been mounted again, and looks fantastic. The new steering chain and rope is in place, and the engine controls are ready to be hooked back up if I can remember how to do it.
I'm slowly closing in on all of the leaks from the deck hardware, re-bedding this and that as I find wet spots. I want the boat 100% dry before I put the new cushions back in place. No need to put new mildew into the mix.
Tomorrow I hope to get the chainplates done, re-bed the forestay hardware, install the cockpit locker hinges, and see if I can get a few through-hulls installed... All before lunch! (Stop laughing - that's not nice!).
CS27 Ravat Blog >